Two young ladies arrived a Meeting wearing clothes that were quite revealing their body parts. Here is what the Chairman told them: He took a good look at them and made them sit. Then he said something that, they might never forget in their life. He looked at them straight in the eyes and said; “ladies, everything that God made valuable in this world is well covered and hardly to see, find or get.
1. Where do you find diamonds? Deep down in the ground, covered and protected.
2. Where do you find pearls? Deep down at the bottom of the ocean, covered up and protected in a beautiful shell.
3. Where do you find gold? Way down in the mine, covered over with layers of rock and to get them, you have to work hard & dig deep down to get them.
He looked at them with serious eyes and said;
“Your body is sacred & unique” You are far more precious than gold, diamonds and pearls, and you should be covered too.”So he added that, if you keep your treasured mineral just like gold, diamond and pearls, deeply covered up, a reputable mining organization with the requisite machinery will fly down and conduct years of extensive exploration.
First, they will contact your government (family), sign professional contracts (wedding) and mine you professionally( legal marriage).But if you leave your precious minerals uncovered on the surface of the earth, you always attract a lot of illegal miners to come and mine you illegally. Everybody will just pick up their crude instruments and just have a dig on you just freely like that. Keep your bodies deeply covered so that it invite professional miners to chase you.
Let us all encourage our wives, friends and daughters to dress well and decent!
There is so much wrong with this post I am not sure where to begin. Let’s just start here and see where it goes…
1. Humans decided gold, diamonds, and pearls were valuable. As far as I know God did not hand out a book of valuable minerals text in the garden of Eden.
2. Women and girls are not objects to be possessed or “mined”.
3. I am not my daughter’s “government” here to be contacted for permission to “professionally mine” her. She is not my property to give to whom I please. She is an autonomous human being who is able to choose for herself whom she wants to share herself with when that time comes.
4. Weddings are no longer considered a transfer of property (at least not in my household) or a license to “mine” a woman “professionally” (whatever that means).
5. If my daughter (or any other woman) “leaves her minerals uncovered on the face of the earth” (read: wears revealing clothing) she is not giving permission to be “mined illegally” (again, whatever that means).
5. He then says the most egregious thing in the story.
Everybody will just pick up their crude instruments and just have a dig on you just freely like that.
So, let me get this straight, if a woman doesn’t cover herself to this man (or any other man’s) standard, she should not be surprised if they “pick up their instruments and just have a dig on you freely”?!? WTF? Seriously? No. No. NO! This is wrong and a very dangerous thing to teach to both women and men.
After all these years, I don’t know why things like this surprise me anymore. Honestly it should surprise no one that stories like this are applauded and taught to our sons and daughters when much of the church espouses a theology where women are less than men, bear a greater responsibility for “sins of the flesh”, and are considered to be more easily deceived.
Oh yes, I almost forgot…
What is up with that picture? Let’s see, you don’t want women to wear revealing clothing, but you use a picture of a woman in revealing clothing to illustrate your point. Hmmm. Maybe all of this says more about you than it does the women you are trying so desperately to control