Well, I did it. A whole year of blogging. It has been quite a ride let me tell you. 2012 was at once an amazing year of greatness and a year of painful loss; for example this year I celebrated 25 years of marriage to my amazing best friend and this year we buried his Dad. What a dichotomy.
As you may or may not have noticed (I like to think that at least some of you noticed) I have not done much writing in the last several weeks. Believe me it hasn’t been for lack of material or ideas but rather because life has been a bit on the full side. It is funny and I never would have believed I would say this before starting this blog on a complete whim…but I missed writing. A LOT.
I would like to close out the year by saying thank you to all of you who have read and commented, subscribed and shared and liked my Facebook page. You have turned what was a little spark of an idea into something beyond what I would have imagined. Because of you the site has reached 32,945 page views and has been seen in 152 countries! Holy crap!!
You have also made 794 comments and shared my page 348 times. Thank you.
This year I wrote 110 posts covering politics, religion, sexuality, equality, art, science, poetry and lots of personal stuff.
Here are your top 20 posts by number of page views:
- God and Homosexuality: Parts 6 and 7 – Pornoi, Arsenokoitai and Malakoi
- Pray Away the Gay?
- What is Traditional Marriage Anyway?
- God and Homosexuality: Part 1
- So She Did. A Word of Encouragement to Women…and Men.
- God and Homsexuality: Part 4 – “Eunuchs Who Have Been So From Birth”
- Why I Love Being a Woman
- Why Do Christians Curse the Silence?
- Dear John Piper, Would You Like a Ride on my Toboggan?
- Today My Daughter’s World Changed and It Broke My Heart
- If all are Martha Stewart where is Amelia Earhart?
- Sometimes I Grow Weary of the Fight
- Homosexuality and God: Conclusion
- Memes the Word.
- Raped Too Much?
- Boys Will Be Boys?
- The Closest Friends I’ve Never Met and an Unladylike Manifesto
- I Choose Chow Fun’s
- Your Existence Gives me Hope
- Why I’m Voting for President Obama (a guest post by my awesome husband)
I am also going to include here some links for posts you may have missed that I think you may want to revisit (as they say on American Idol, “In no particular order.”).
- Cancer, Family and Hope
- Absolute Convergence
- The Afore Promised Vows
- Coming Out of the Church Closet: Bethany’s Story
- Just Me and Dad
- Lists, Ambition and One Last Thing
- Render Unto God that Which is Caesar’s?
- Why was God Mad in 1927 or Was Jesus Enough?
- Grab Your Loop and Run Like Hell
- Gendered Virtue or Is this Bench Taken?
- Full Speed Ahead
- The Day My Son Learned to Never Forget
- The Will of the People
- Corner of the Sky
- Who Can Withhold the Water?
- The Speech and the Blogger Who Loved It
- Some Are More Equal Than Others
- What if God Was One of Us?
- The True Magic Kingdom
Here is to the next year my lovelies and here’s to you. May it be our best year yet.