Doesn’t this whole thing ENTIRELY miss the point? It makes me want to sit my 9 year old daughter down tonight and say, “The goal of your life is NOT to get the “right guy” to like you.”
Sadly, I think that many people in and out of the church miss this point entirely.
The point, young women, is this:
1. Your worth as a woman is not about what kind of guy you can get to like you.
2. It is not your responsibility to “get a guy to respect you.” It is your responsibility to be a woman of character. This does not guarantee men will respect you. Trust me.
[Ironic, in the video he says your self worth shouldn't come from any guy you date when the whole video is about getting the "right guy" to like you.]
3. Be educated. About everything. Know your God, know your body, learn everything you can about every subject that interests you and many that don’t.
[I am totally for learning about what my husband likes and finding out why he likes it, but the video implies that guys like (and girls don't like) things such as call of duty and football and only girls like shopping (I personally know people of both genders who disprove this type of thinking including my husband who likes football & shopping and not CoD).]
4. Don’t let your dreams be limited by your anatomy.
[a penis should not be required for entry into any profession, vocation or discussion]
5. Your “highest calling” (I am not exactly sure what this means) may or may not be motherhood. It is rather becoming all that God created you to be. Which may include being a mother.
6. Go after life with gusto.
[in spite of the fact that some may call you pushy, domineering or worse]
7. Don’t even consider a man that doesn’t consider you his spiritual and intellectual equal.
8. Men have self control just like women do. They are responsible for their own sexual sins. We are equal in the eyes of God.
[Many simultaneously and erroneously believe that women are both the source of all sexual sin and somehow the gender that possesses the self control and even has the responsibility to say no to sex.]
9. Playing “hard to get” is a game and it is manipulation. Don’t play games in your relationships. Be honest, say what you feel. You don’t have to play “hard to get” to get the right guy to like you.
[Do you know what it means to play hard to get? http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Hard-to-Get%5D
10. Become a woman you would love to have as a friend, be interesting, be educated, be honest and treat everyone with love & respect, including yourself.